"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Surgery Tomorrow!

My surgery is tomorrow morning!  


I finished my two week pre-op diet yesterday.  This morning I was able to have a light breakfast, but now I am on clear liquids for the rest of the day.  I can drink until midnight and then nothing until I come out on the other side.


I’m excited and nervous.  I’m honestly trying not to think about it.  I don’t want to be scared and I don’t want to worry.  There is nothing I can do to make the time go by faster, and there’s nothing else to do but to do it.  I am no stranger to surgeries, and what I have found that helps me is for me to distract myself as much as possible the day before.  I like to watch movies or tv and just stay busy.  I also tend to stay up late.  I know I will have a hard time sleeping, plus it doesn’t really matter if I’m tired tomorrow.  I will be sleeping a lot for recovery, so let me be tired!  


This is it.  This is really happening.  I can’t believe it.  I’m not sure how I feel.  I think I feel ready.  I mean how ready can you actually be?  But I am as ready as I think I can be.  This is it.  My life totally changes beginning tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment