"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Last Pre-Op Travel

This is my last physical journey before my surgery.   My last flight.  My last time trying to squeeze in airplane seats, trying not to allow my fat to ooze over onto the person sitting next to me.  My last time trying to walk to the airplane lavatory while squeezing down the narrow aisle and into the tiny restroom.  My last time to feel guilty that my weight and physical issues are keeping my family from being able to enjoy the trip.  My last time to burst into tears because I have to stop moving and just rest because I’m too overweight to keep going.  My last trip as a morbidly obese woman.


I will stay positive.  I will remind myself that I am moving in a direction of health, happiness, and freedom.  I will not regret what I cannot do this time around; instead I will embrace that I am beginning an even more exciting journey to my good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment