"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Doubts About Myself

I have to be honest that I'm feeling a little scared and nervous.  I am not second-guessing my decision; I still want this.  I don't even think I'm really craving food or anything either.  I think I'm just scared.  What if I don't succeed?  What if I can't do this?

I really think it will be okay.  I think it will be hard, but I am capable and I can do this.  I guess I'm scared of the unknown.  And what will I do with myself?  What will I reach for when I can't reach for food?  Who am I?  What will I become?  Will I like me?  Will others like me?

I don't allow myself to be bored or to look at things too closely.  What will happen when I see clearly?

It will be okay.  I will be okay.  And it's healthy that I have doubts and fears.  I need to remind myself that it's okay to feel.  It's okay to feel.  Discomfort is normal and natural.  I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment