"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 27, 2015

My Chosen Arsenal

I’ve slowly been working on purchasing some things to help make my life easier after the surgery.  These are tools to help me as I work on changing my eating habits.


Small Plates


I have gotten some tiny appetizer plates and then some dessert/salad plates.  I wanted pretty plates so I can feel they are special.  With smaller plates, the amount of food I eat will take up more room and won’t leave the plate looking empty…




Small Utensils


Same sort of idea here.  With tiny forks and spoons, I won’t be able to eat as much.  This will help me with portion control.  I bought some appetizer forks and spoons since I wasn’t able to find toddler utensils I liked.




Small Containers


For my meals.




Plastic Jello Shot Containers


I wanted some really small containers for when I’m early post-op.  I plan to use these to help me figure out what I can eat in a meal to start with.  I may also use them to keep track of my water intake.  I might set up goals for my water--like one of these every 30 minutes throughout the day.  I liked the jello shot ones because they were the right size, and they have lids!



I also bought some protein powder and ready to drink protein drinks to have on hand.  I will need to get some sugar-free popsicles and broth before my surgery.  Things are moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment