"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Psychological Evaluation

I had my psychological evaluation this morning.  I’m not sure what I was expecting.  I didn’t know if there would be an actual test, or if we would talk about things.


The psychologist was incredibly laid-back.  He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, and his full-sized poodle came to hang out with us while we talked.  I liked him--he was definitely not what I was expecting.  He had had the sleeve done five years ago and has kept nearly all of it off.  He mentioned that he had gained back a little because he let carbs back into his diet, but that he has gone back to being strict about the carbs and has lost back a good bit of what he had regained.


He just went over a few things with me--like what eating would be like and meals and portions.  He talked about how I would have to change my eating behaviors and that if I overate, it could make me feel bad or nauseous.  He also said that it’s possible to regain a good bit of weight if you eat carbs, especially bread, rice, pasta and potatoes.

It’s all things I knew before, so I felt good about the appointment.  He told me I did fine and that I wasn’t crazy--or at least that I hid the crazy pretty well.  He was funny.  So there’s a hurdle out of the way!  Now I’m waiting to hear from the hospital to set my pre-op testing date, which is usually about 1-2 weeks before the surgery...

No comments:

Post a Comment