"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 21, 2015

Pre-Op Testing Appointment

So one of the hurdles you have to jump through prior to bariatric surgery is a pre-op appointment.  There are different requirements depending on insurance and on your surgeon.  My appointment went like this...

First, I met with someone who got my information and i.d.--if I had been using insurance that would have been part of it too.

Part two was to meet with the pre-op nurse.  We went through what I need to do the night before and the morning of surgery.  She talked a little about the recovery room and what the overnight and release would be like.

Part three was to have my ekg, blood work and urine sample.  I'm a total ninny when it comes to needles so the build up to that was not so awesome, but overall things went very smoothly.

Part four was to meet with the hospital dietitian.  We really just went over the information that my surgeon's office had already given me.  I didn't really learn anything new here.

Part five was a chest x-ray.

Then we had a bit of time to kill before I had to see a physician at another clinic to get my surgical clearance.  Luckily they were able to see me a little early.

And...  that's it.  I'm cleared for the surgery!  No more hurdles.  Now I just stay on the pre-op diet and count down the days until my surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment