"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, August 28, 2015

How To Make Opti-Fast Chicken Soup More Palatable

Being on Opti-Fast for my pre-op diet has been somewhat rough.  I started out not minding the chicken soup mix, but that quickly got old and yucky.  I didn't have a lot of choices for my meals, and unfortunately I had to eat one soup per day.

I've been experimenting to try to make the soup more palatable.  I would highly recommend making sure you get your water very hot--warm chicken soup is way worse than hot soup.  Here are some flavoring suggestions:


  • Lowry's seasoned salt & pepper along with chili powder, then I went crazy with the cumin.  I figure you can never have too much cumin!
  • Soy sauce & ginger (and maybe some red pepper flakes if you like spice)
  • Curry powder & ginger
  • Garlic powder & onion powder
  • Bacon & onion seasoning
I find that I'm better off with really fragrant spices--it helps disguise the taste!  You really almost can't go wrong with seasonings.  I tried to pick things that "went" with chicken.  I think the curry & the cumin mixes did the best for me.

I will be sooooooo glad when I am past the pre-op diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment