"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 3, 2015

Counting Down: Four Weeks + One Day

I know it seems like an odd count down--4 weeks + 1 day until my surgery.  Although my surgery is in 4 weeks & a day, I will begin my pre-op diet in two weeks!  My pre-op diet lasts for two weeks and then I have a day of liquids before my surgery :)


The big day is coming!!!  So how am I feeling?  I’m feeling good.  I’ve actually noticed that I am getting so sick of food.  I get angry when my husband asks what I want to eat…  I don’t want to even think about food.  I just want to get it out of the way.  


Otherwise, I’m feeling pretty good.  I’ve been cleaning up the house and organizing things.  I feel better when I come home to a clean house, so that will be a help.  I’ve also been cleaning out my fridge/freezer and pantry.

I created my little help book with positive messages and reminders.  I have read and re-read my instructions and other notes I’ve made about bariatric surgery and recovery.  I am as prepared as I feel I can be.  All-in-all, I feel good.  Four weeks and one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment