"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Typical Day of Eating @ Five Months Post-Op

Here is what a typical day of eating for me looks like:

Drink at least 12oz of water
Drink ½ of an Atkin’s shake
Drink 12-24 oz of water
First “meal” - a serving of protein plus veggies or fruit
(example: today I had ½ of a baked chicken breast & a tangerine)
Drink 12-24 oz of water
Second “meal” - a serving of protein plus veggies or fruit
(example: today I had pulled pork chili & some carrots)
Drink 12 oz of water
Third “meal” - a serving of protein plus veggies or fruit
(example: today I had 2 oz of thin-sliced turkey & 3 apple slices)
Drink 12 oz of water
Final “meal” - a serving of protein plus veggies or fruit
(example: today I had pulled pork chili & ½ cup of salad with cheese & nuts)

I will rarely have a protein bar in place of one of my meals.  I also occasionally eat a couple of crackers with chili or stew.  I typically stay away from processed carbs--especially bread, pasta and rice.  I usually fit a meal into a 6 oz container.  My calorie count is about 800-900 calories per day.  I eat healthy fats in small quantities, and make sure I get in plenty of protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment