"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Dancing with my Daughter

Last night at my niece's wedding I did something incredibly brave.  I got on the dance floor and danced.  My daughter was dancing completely alone on the floor.  Most guests were just hanging out or in the photo booth.  She was dancing with such abandon.  I urged my husband to go out and dance with her.  He kept refusing.  I wanted so badly to just go out there and dance with her.  But what about my knees?  I haven't danced in years.  I'm also very self-conscious about how fat I am.

But I got up and danced.  I walked out onto that dance floor and danced with my daughter.  Other people joined us, but I got up there.  At first it was awkward for me.  I mean I probably look like crap while I dance.  I felt a little embarrassed.  At the same time I really wanted to dance, and I was having fun with my daughter.  So I decided who cares if everyone thinks I'm too fat to be on the dance floor!  Most likely nobody gives a rat's ass about me!  I let go.  I had fun.  And I absolutely don't regret it.

I danced with my daughter last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment