"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Slight Change In Plans

So there has been a small change--not exactly a setback.  I was scheduled to have my surgery on August 31 at Woman’s Hospital in Baton Rouge, but we have had to change it to Cypress Pointe in Hammond on September 1.  Although I have saved up the vast majority of the cost, I am planning to finance a small part of the surgery.  Unfortunately, Woman’s Hospital will not accept Care Credit so I have to change hospitals.


I am a little disappointed.  I had both my children at Woman’s as well as my hysterectomy.  I know and trust Woman’s.  Plus, they have a full program--nutritionist, physical therapist, and support group.  I am eager to have the surgery, however, and really don’t want to wait to save up the additional funds.  I have everything planned and ready to go.  I don’t want to have to wait until Christmas to do this.  So I am allowing the change of venue.  

I normally react to change badly, and I’ve had to really examine what’s important to me in all of this.  I want this done and soon, but I don’t want to rush into anything that may be worse for me.  Ultimately, I know that my surgeon is trusted and highly rated.  If he chooses to use Cypress Pointe, it should not affect the quality of my surgery experience.  So I’m letting it go and allowing myself to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment