"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Making a Book for My Journey

I love making photo books.  I enjoy creating a design and bringing back memories of a wonderful and exciting time.  The creation process appeals to me on so many different levels--I use my creativity and design skills, my imagination, as well as my organizational abilities.  It’s extremely satisfying to hold the finished products in my hands.

I am starting to work on a book for myself.  It isn’t exactly a photo book--or at least not only a photo book.  I am including some of my favorite family photos, as well as pics of my collages and even some beautiful photos of nature.  I am also going to include my favorite quotes, affirmations, and meditations.  What really makes this book special for me is that it will also be a kind of weight loss bible for me.  I plan to include a nutrition section with information for each post-op phase; a section to keep track of my monthly weight and measurements; reminders/affirmations of why I am taking this difficult journey; and a list of things to do instead of eating--a list to defeat cravings and boredom.

I am totally excited about creating this book.  I have been worried that I don’t have much I can do right now.  My surgery is planned and financed.  I have nothing to do now but wait until I can start my pre-op diet.  This book will be my personal guide through it all.  I will keep you posted!

In the meantime, I'm pretty sure this will be my cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment