"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 11, 2015

First Post-Op Appointment

Yesterday was my first post-op appointment with my surgeon.  It was very brief and to the point.  I guess that's the thing when you deliberately choose a surgeon for being one of the best surgeons without caring about his/her personality or bedside manner.  He's very efficient, but that doesn't leave a lot of room or time for coddling me.  I'm actually okay with that.  I had a brief fight with cancer five years ago and I was glad to have the best surgeon.  I never saw him smile until my very last visit with him post-op.  I didn't mind sacrificing warm, fuzzy feelings for cold, clinical ability.

Anyways...  the appointment went well.  I weighed in and was given a sheet that explained what I could expect between now and the next appointment.  Then I spoke to my surgeon for a few minutes, he made sure I was doing okay and asked if I had any questions.  I really didn't.  I've been researching this surgery for two+ years now so I could probably be a coach for it.  And that was it.  It was probably my quickest doctor appointment ever.

And here are the stats:

Weight 234.5 lb   (down from 254 @ my initial consult)
BMI  42.9     (down from 46.5 @ my initial consult)
Fat %  48.3%    (down from 50.5%)
Fat Mass  113.5 lb   (down from 128.51)
FFM  121.0 lb

So there you have it!  I'm hoping to take some pics this weekend and post them.  I can tell I've lost weight by looking at my face, and also along my upper torso.

No comments:

Post a Comment