"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

8 Days Post-Op

I wanted to give an update yesterday on my week since surgery-versary, but I was honestly just tired and didn't feel like getting on my computer.  I had an allergic reaction to the glue my surgeon used on the incision sites, so I don't really want to take measurements yet.  Plus I'm sure I still have some swelling so it can wait.  Actually, my abdomen looks kind of lopsided at the moment--the right side sticks out a little more than the left.

I can give you my weight for yesterday (One Week Post-Op):
238.4 lbs!

That's 6.5 lbs down in the week since my surgery and I'm down a total of 16.8 since I began my pre-op diet!!!  So yay! That's exciting :)

I can tell by looking at my face that I've lost weight.  But I still have a ways to go before I go down a clothing size.  When I was on Ideal Protein, it took me almost 30 lbs before I went down to an 18/20.  I lost about 33 lbs on Ideal Protein over three months.  I think I will have that beat shortly!

I started back at work today.  I was initially planning to work a 1/2 day for the first few days, but I ended up getting busy and the time flew by and... well it was close to my usual time when I finished what I was working on so I asked my boss if I could just slip out 30 minutes early.  I was absolutely beat when I got home.  I feel so tired.  I will play tomorrow by ear.  I was able to eat what I needed to eat.  I did try to shoot for closer to 2.5-3 oz eat time I drank rather than 2.  It allowed me to put a little more time in between my meals.  That helped a bit.  I was very careful not to overdo it!  I did the 3 oz for water ONLY and just tried to take a couple extra sips of protein each meal.

I've also gotten bored with my Isopure ready-to-drink protein drinks. I really wanted to get a little variety. I have also found that by adding some things together I can get the protein I need. Keep in mind that I am not getting many calories in every day. It's a struggle to get in enough protein each day! Here is what my meals looked like today:

1 packet of Unjury Vanilla protein powder mixed with 8 oz of unsweetened soy milk

1/2 can cream of chicken & mushroom soup mixed with 1/2 can of water and 1 packet of Unjury unflavored protein powder

Each of those was divided into 2 oz containers but I did try to drink slightly more than one container per meal

No comments:

Post a Comment