"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 4, 2015

Day Four Post-Op

Today I have moved from clear liquids to full liquids--which means I can add in regular protein shakes, soy/skim milk, and strained cream soups!  Unfortunately, this will also be my diet for the remainder of my first two weeks post-op.

I slept horribly last night.  I really need to take some pain medicine before I go to sleep.  I'm just stubborn, but I definitely suffered last night.

My incision sites are pretty damn red and my skin is itchy.  I will have to keep a close eye on them this weekend to make sure I don't get a skin infection.

I just feel generally miserable.  I ache and I hurt a little, but it's not the worst thing ever.  It's just enough for me to not want to do anything.  I feel tired because I didn't sleep well at all last night.  I'm not hungry at all, but every 15-20 minutes I have to drink either water or protein drink.  I know it will get better.  I just wish I could feel a little better a little sooner.

It will get better.  I will feel better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment